JP Meeting Minutes
@ WHOI: Julie, Becca, Ellie, Lea, Sarah; @ MIT: Anna, Guy
- Clarify ODGE Funding Role
- Because of the nature of the turn-over, we are not as well informed about the nature of the funding. Therefore, communication will be necessary with GSC and ODGE about how to proceed with funding.
- This is in light of the fact that we were not funded through GSC for our usual events this term.
- BED BUGS
- Response quick—thanks. Closed for inspection.
- Potential housing options? Do we talk to housing master at Sid Pac? Anna will look into the possibility of housing. Maybe try Ed or Rob.
- Becca can help write these e-mails and contact people.
- What about constant monitoring at WL?
- Informational campaign to be launched about the risk of bed bugs.
- Winter Meeting overview! (+ lessons learned)
- Great, positive meeting.
- Getting people on same page about funding.
- Lea’s follow-up on the personnel list of APO.
- Open House overview! (+ lessons learned)
- Went well overall
- Discussion of the structure of the event—centralized vs. not, etc. Budget was fine for this. Some of budget from both places.
- Next social hour (Mar 20, 430pm)
- Two social hour planners are unavailable, so Becca can do the social hour set-up etc.
- Maybe we need a new place to get pizza… Steve’s?
- Look into buying hops etc for beer making to give to Greg etc. for making beer.
- Steinbach scholars
- Biology we have Rob Knight and he’s sorting out schedule. He will match up his schedule to commit full days to WHOI around the trip to MBL.
- PO vote happened: have top 3 people.
- At large: Ellie will take over planning and Sarah can help.
- Review ODGE Fund Applications: decided what to fund out of the 5 received applications.